The Miami Heat are back in Miami, following a close, 101-99, loss to the Indiana Pacers, as they get set to take on the Portland Trail Blazers at the FTX Arena. This will be the second matchup between these two teams this season after Miami picked up a, 119-98, victory in Portland.
Here are a few players to watch in this one.
Players To Watch
- Jimmy Butler– Jimmy Butler, who did not play against the Pacers due to a hip injury, has been removed from the injury list against the Trail Blazers. If Butler plays, he will need to head into this game attacking the glass with the Heat’s lack of rebounding prowess at times, creating plays for those around him, and being a leader for the Heat team to rely on in close situations.
- Bam Adebayo– Bam Adebayo, who had an 18-point and 10-rebound performance against the Pacers, will be going up against Jusuf Nurkic once again in the painted area. Bam will need to fight for every rebound, attack the glass on both ends, and not allow Nurkic or any Trail Blazer to get any buckets in the paint or as they attempt to drive to the basket.
As the Miami Heat come off a tough loss Friday night to the Indiana Pacers, they’ll look to knock off Portland for the second time in just a few days.
Key To The Game
- Cover The Three-Point Arc– Without Damian Lillard on the court for the Trail Blazers, the Miami Heat should have an easier assignment containing everyone else at the three-point arc. They’ll need to ensure that they do just that, slowing down players like Anfernee Simons and Jerami Grant from getting good looks from behind the arc.
- Stop The Big Man– Jusuf Nurkic is a player who knows how to attack the board and fight for every basket in the paint. The Miami Heat will need to find ways of slowing him down, not allowing any easy buckets in the paint, and forcing him to make mistakes on the offensive end of the floor.
- Get Off To Hot Start– Miami needs to come into this game with the same game plan they had the last time these two teams met. Miami needs to come out firing, playing a tough defensive game on the other end to not allow any easy baskets, and creating opportunities for one another to make big plays down the stretch of the game.
Miami Heat vs Portland Trail Blazers Odds And Predictions
Moneyline: MIA -285 POR +240
Spread: MIA -7
If Jimmy Butler and Tyler Herro, who is currently a game-time decision with a left ankle sprain, can both play, then the Miami Heat should walk out with a, 110-100, win over one of the best teams in the Western Conference.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.