MIAMI – Pitt baseball (21-15, 9-9) fell 2-1 in 10 innings to No. 4 Miami (30-8, 15-4) Friday night at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.
The Hurricanes walked it off with a one-out, RBI-single through the left side.
Miami scored the game’s first run on a sac fly in the second inning.
Leading off the ninth inning, Brock Franks tied up the game with a solo homer to right field, his eighth of the season.
The second game of the series is Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Matt Gilbertson went eight innings with six hits, one run, no walks and eight strikeouts.
- In his last six starts, Gilbertson has 40 strikeouts to just two walks in 43 innings pitched.
- Pitt finished with 11 hits but left 12 on base.
- Bryce Hulett had a game-high three hits with a double and two singles.
- Josh Overbeek also reached three times with two hits and a walk.
- Ron Washington, Jr., Jordan Anderson and Franks all returned to the starting lineup after missing several games due to injuries.
#H2P | Twitter | Instagram